cPanel, please stop changing my DNS records

There's a good chance this content may be outdated!

This post is 1 year old—a long time on the internet. Any content within is provided as-is and is not guaranteed to work on modern systems - your mileage may vary.

Tcpanel11-50logohis is an issue that has me stumped. I can’t seem to find any record of it but I’m posting it here in case someone from cPanel comes across this or maybe someone who has found a fix can help me. Otherwise, I hope I educate you on why cPanel is becoming the worst piece of software ever. Ever since switching a customer over to Office 365, cPanel has become unhappy with some of these DNS records. For example, the CNAME “” cPanel insists on silently changing it to “”. So for example the record looks like:

but then it changes silently to

thus breaking everything. I’ve also noticed in SRV records, cPanel also insists on removing the protocol. So for example:


will change to simply


It’s becoming pure madness.

If I find a fix, I’ll be sure to document it here. cPanel, please fix this in an upcoming build. This is just pure madness. This is also why I offer pure dedicated servers without control panels to customers.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply